Stylist Program Terms & Conditions
Stylist Policies & Procedures Guide
Last Updated: Sept 1, 2022
Hello Pink LLC ( “Hello Pink,” or “Company”) is a company that encourages and supports the use and retail selling of it’s products through affiliates / independent stylists (referred to as “Stylists”) throughout the United States, Canada, and minor outlying territories.
Hello Pink has developed guidelines, policies and procedures to provide the following benefits:
- Establish Company policy and define the relationship between the Company and its Independent Stylists.
- Help each Stylist understand how to develop and promote their own business in an ethical, safe, effective way.
- Provide an equal opportunity for all Stylists to build a successful business.
As a Stylist of Hello Pink, you are required to read this document in its entirety, and understand and agree to comply with the ethics, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures set forth in this Hello Pink Stylist Policies & Procedures Guide (referred to as “Policies & Procedures” or “Policies & Procedures Guide”) or that which may be published by Hello Pink at a later date. Hello Pink reserves the right to amend and/or revise the Policies & Procedures as it deems appropriate at any time by publishing amendments or by revising the Policies & Procedures and to alert Stylists at the time of any changes or amendments are made. All amendments will become binding on all of it’s currently enrolled Stylists at the time of publication.
If you have any questions regarding any policy, reach out to your direct sponsor, or Hello Pink directly. Local standards may vary and it is your responsibility to comply with all laws, regulations, and ordinances of your locality.
Section 1: Ethics
Hello Pink hereby sets forth basic fair and ethical principles and practices to which Hello Pink Stylists must abide by in the conduct of their business.
Stylists shall always:
- Be honest and fair in any and all dealings as a Stylist for Hello Pink and while representing Hello Pink.
- Be courteous and respectful to every person contacted in the course of their Hello Pink Independent Stylist business.
- Perform professional activities in a way that enhances their reputation and the reputation of Hello Pink. Do not disparage the name and reputation of Hello Pink, in any manner, including but not limited to comments written, online or otherwise, orally, and actions that might reflect negatively upon Hello Pink and it’s products.
- Fulfill leadership responsibilities as a sponsor, including assisting, training, and otherwise supporting directly sponsored Stylists in their sales organization as described in this Policies & Procedures Guide.
- Do not engage in any unlawful, deceptive or unethical recruiting practices.
- Do not make any statements or promises which may mislead consumers or prospective Stylists.
- Make accurate and truthful offers of products and services with respect to price, grade, quality, make, value, performance, quantity, and availability.
- Make no claims for any Hello Pink products that are not contained in the official descriptions or literature.
- Do not make any false or misleading income representations to prospective Stylists.
Hello Pink will intercede when it deems such behavior evident, and reserves the right to use its sole judgment in deciding whether a particular Stylist has acted inappropriately, and to discipline such Stylist, including but not limited to termination of relationship.
Section 2: Stylist Status
- BECOMING A STYLIST
An applicant becomes a Stylist of Hello Pink when the applicant submits the application and completes payment (where applicable) with Hello Pink, and the applicant’s completed Stylist Application and Agreement has been received and accepted by the Hello Pink corporate office.
Prior to acceptance, Hello Pink reserves the right to reject a Stylist Application and Agreement. Hello Pink may exercise this right in its absolute discretion without reason or explanation. Upon such rejection Hello Pink will refund any application payment submitted by the applicant.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR STATUS
Each Stylist is an independent contractor and, therefore, shall never be considered a representative, agent, employee, partner, joint venture, or franchisee of Hello Pink. As an independent contractor, each Stylist is responsible for obtaining any license(s) required by law in his or her locality. In addition, each Stylist is responsible for any and all expenses incurred in the operation of his or her business.
Stylists may not represent themselves in any manner as being a representative, agent, employee, partner, joint venture, or franchisee of Hello Pink, nor may Stylists represent themselves as having any authority to bind Hello Pink to any obligation or contract.
Stylists are independent contractors for all federal and state tax purposes, and will not be treated as agents, employees, partners, joint ventures, or franchisees with respect to the Internal Revenue Code, Social Security Act, Federal Unemployment Act, state unemployment acts, or any other federal, state, or local statute, ordinance, rule, or regulation.
All Stylists shall comply with all federal, state, and local regulations and ordinances concerning the operation of their businesses. All Stylists are responsible for their own managerial decisions, working hours, methods of sale, and expenditures, including all estimated income and self-employment taxes. At the end of each calendar year, Hello Pink will issue an IRS Form 1099 to U.S. Stylists as required by law. Similar and required income or tax reporting will be made in any other territory or country in which a Stylist is conducting business, as required by law.
- LEGAL AGE
A Stylist shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of legal contractual capacity for the state or legal jurisdiction in which the applicant resides.
- BUSINESS NAMES
A person or entity may apply as a Hello Pink Stylist using an assumed name or “D.B.A.” The proper legal name and Social Security Number of the individual or individuals having rights to such assumed names shall be disclosed by providing Hello Pink a copy of the filed application with which they were obtained.
- IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS
Hello Pink will assign a Stylist Number to each Stylist, and will use this number to register all Stylists and to provide various services to Stylists.
The Stylist Agreement may be terminated or cancelled at any time and for any reason by a Stylist by notifying Hello Pink in writing of the election to end the Stylist relationship.
- MINIMUM PRODUCT PURCHASE
There is no minimum product purchase required to stay an active Stylist. Hello Pink reserves the right to change this at any time.
Section 3: Sponsoring and Training
- SPONSORING / REFERRING
Hello Pink Stylists are entitled to refer (or sponsor) other Stylists in the United States or Canada.
- TRAINING REQUIREMENT
Stylists must have ongoing contact and communication with and provide supervisory support to their referred Stylists, which shall include but not be limited to contact and assistance through the telephone, mail, email, and personal contact, as appropriate and available to foster in their success.
Upon request, Stylists shall provide evidence of their fulfillment of this responsibility, to the satisfaction of the Company. Failure to perform these functions, or to provide such satisfactory evidence of same may result in discipline of the Stylist, up to and including the termination of such Stylist Relationship.
- CHANGING SPONSORS
Changing of sponsors is not allowed, except at the sole discretion of Hello Pink Corporate. Our business relies on the building and sustaining of relationships. Once a Stylist is sponsored, Hello Pink believes in protecting that relationship.
Section 4: Trademarks, Literature, and Advertising
- USE OF COMPANY’S TRADEMARKED MATERIAL
Hello Pink will not permit the use of its trademarked or copyrighted material, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, artwork, and anything that is similar to Hello Pink trademarked or copyrighted material (hereinafter referred to as “trademarked or copyrighted material”) without prior written permission from Hello Pink.
- COMPLIANCE PROCEDURE
Hello Pink requires Stylists to obtain prior written permission for any use of its trademarked or copyrighted material. Stylists must provide Hello Pink a final, media-ready copy of any and each use of trademarked or copyrighted material prior to publication or release. The Stylist will then be issued an approval letter through email. It is the obligation of the Stylist to maintain a file with approval emails and to provide Hello Pink with an approval email upon request.
- COMPANY MATERIALS
All Hello Pink materials, whether on digital, printed, or displayed online, are copyrighted and may NOT be reproduced without prior written permission from the Hello Pink.
- COMPANY NAME
A Hello Pink Stylist shall not at any time use the Hello Pink name or any of its trademarked or copyrighted material as part of his or her own corporation, proprietorship, partnership, or business name. A Hello Pink Stylist may imply in any way that he or she is a representative, agent, employee, partner, joint venture, and/or franchisee of the Company. The ONLY authorized use of the Hello Pink name by a Stylist is in identifying him or her self as an “Independent Stylist,” which identification must be bold, clear, and prominent if used in conjunction with the Hello Pink name or any of its trademarked or copyrighted material.
- NON-COMPANY MATERIALS
A Hello Pink Stylist may not make, manufacture, or obtain from any source other than the Company, promotional items or literature of any kind upon which trademarked or copyrighted material is imprinted, without prior written permission from Hello Pink. This restriction includes all promotional gift items of any kind, all printed materials, and other items Hello Pink Stylists may want to give to their customers or to prospective Stylists.
- PRINT MEDIA
Printed advertisements, including display ads (signs, posters, banners, etc.), print ads (magazine, newspaper, etc.), direct mailings, flyers, brochures, and any other printed items containing Hello Pink trademarked or copyrighted material must identify the Stylist clearly and prominently as an Independent Stylist of Hello Pink. Such printed items must be submitted to the Company for approval, and may not be displayed, published, or disseminated without prior written permission from Hello Pink.
- BUSINESS CARDS, LETTERHEAD, AND IMPRINTED CHECKS
All business cards, letterhead, imprinted checks, and any other materials utilized by the Stylist must identify the Stylist boldly, clearly, and prominently as an “Independent Stylist” of Hello Pink. Any changes and/or additions to the standard layout for business cards must be approved by Hello Pink. No business cards, letterhead, imprinted checks, or any other materials utilized by the Stylist may suggest that the owner is the corporate office, and any confusing or misleading materials used by the Stylist shall be changed by the Stylist immediately, at the request of the Company.
- EMAIL SOLICITATIONS
Unsolicited email advertisements (‘‘spam’’) are specifically prohibited, and shall be deemed to constitute unethical activity by any participating Stylist. It is the sole responsibility of the Stylist to comply with all federal, state, and local laws relating to email marketing programs. Stylists are strongly urged to utilize reputable “opt-in” email address lists exclusively. The use of any trademarked or copyrighted material in an unsolicited email advertisement (“spam”) is specifically prohibited.
Stylists, by virtue of his or her relationship, irrevocably grants to Hello Pink the right to communicate to him or her via email, telephone, or any other common method of commercial communication, without regard to ‘anti-spam’, ‘do not call’ or other similar regulations, whether based in State, Federal or other jurisdictional law.
- MASS MAILINGS AND TELEPHONE SOLICITATIONS
The use of trademarked or copyrighted material may not be made with automatic calling devices, “boiler room” operations, or through unsolicited mass mailings to solicit Stylists and/or retail customers.
- SOCIAL MEDIA
Social Media is a powerful tool, but it can be damaging and harmful to businesses. Hello Pink promotes these policies to ensure that Stylists and/or Hello Pink are not harmed through Stylist’s use and participation in Social Media.
The use on Social Media of any Hello Pink trademarked or copyrighted material, including but not limited to Hello Pink trade names, logos, artwork, and anything that is similar to Hello Pink trademarked or copyrighted material, shall be subject at all times to the general requirement that such use be specifically approved in writing by Hello Pink.
Any use on Social Media of trademarked or copyrighted material must identify the Stylist boldly, clearly, and prominently as an Independent Stylist of Hello Pink. When included in listings of any kind, Stylist’s Social Media user profile must appear under the most appropriate topical heading available through the Social Media provider. The Stylist must identify himself or herself as an Independent Stylist rather than as “Hello Pink” or anything that could cause consumers to believe that the Stylist is the corporate office or anything other than an Independent Stylist.
Where available, such listings can appear only in “Independent Stylist,” “Independent Contractor,” or “Stylist” categories, and the use on Social Media of any trademarked or copyrighted material shall be specifically limited as follows:
- Trademarked or copyrighted material shall not be used as any part of a user profile, user name, topic identifier, subject identifier or any other means to identify yourself or the subject or topic matter of Stylists Social Media post and/or comment. This policy applies to any Social Media utilized. All user profiles and/or user names must clearly state Independent Stylist of Hello Pink, and include, whenever possible or practicable, your Hello Pink independent stylist number.
- Stylists may not place buttons, pop-up ads, banners, or any other type of advertisement on any Social Media post and/or comment using trademarked or copyrighted material, with the exception of Hello Pink provided graphics and artwork located in the Back Office Media Kit.
- Stylists are prohibited from posting or otherwise communicating in any manner, comments that are harmful or damaging to the name or reputation of Hello Pink.
- Stylists are prohibited from using any trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property of any third party, including but not limited to trade names, logos, artwork, and anything that is similar to a third party’s trademarked or copyrighted material.
Use Your Real Identity
Always use your real identity and disclose that you are an Independent Stylist of Hello Pink. If a Social Media post and/or comment may lead to confusion about whether or not you are an independent Stylist, please note on your post and/or comment, e.g., “I am an Independent Stylist of Hello Pink”, “I am not affiliated with or an employee of Hello Pink LLC”.
Do Not Make Any False Claims
- Make accurate and truthful statements in Social Media posts and/or comments of products and services with respect to price, grade, quality, make, value, performance, quantity, and availability.
- Do not make any deceptive, unlawful, or unethical consumer recruiting practices in Social Media posts and/or comments.
- Do not make any statements, promises, or testimonials which are likely to mislead consumers or prospective Stylists in Social Media posts and/or comments.
- Do not make any therapeutic or curative claims for products in Social Media posts and/or comments.
- Do not make any claims in Social Media post and/or comments for any Hello Pink products that are not contained in the official Company descriptions.
Avoid Financial Disclosures and/or Earnings Representations
- Do not comment or post any statements that disclose actual or implied financial performance or condition of Hello Pink. Do not comment or post any statements that represent the actual or potential sales or earnings of Stylists. Also, do not make any statements that could be deemed a violation of federal or state securities laws such as disclosure of nonpublic information.
- Do not make any lifestyle claims regarding the benefits of a Hello Pink Independent Stylist.
Respect the Privacy of Others and Maintain Your Privacy
Do not ask other Stylists or third-parties for their login credentials and/or passwords to their Social Media accounts. Likewise, do not provide your login credentials and/or passwords to your Social Media accounts to other Stylists or third-parties.
Avoid Malicious, Abusive, Threatening, Defamatory, or False Statements
- Social Media posts and/or comments should not be offensive or meant to harm someone’s reputation, and should not create a hostile environment due to: age (40 and over); ancestry; color; race; gender; gender identity; gender expression; genetic information; marital status; medical condition, including those related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding; denial of family and medical care leave; mental disability; national origin; physical disability; religious creed; sex; sexual orientation; past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services; or any other categories protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
- Do not make any posts or comments that hold Hello Pink or another Hello Pink Independent Stylist in a bad light or in a manner that may harm the reputation of Hello Pink and its Stylists.
Common Sense Principles Should Always Apply
Understanding and implementing these policies is important, but the reality is that Stylist’s own experiences with Social Media will demonstrate to the Stylist that the lines between public and private, personal and professional are often skewed and distorted. Should you engage in Social Media, you may be creating perceptions and opinions about Stylists and/or Hello Pink without knowing or intending it, and, as such, always conduct your activities with common sense principles; be professional, be straight forward, be appropriate, add value to the social discourse.
Reporting Unethical and/or Unlawful Conduct
If a Stylist witnesses or sees something online that is potentially defamatory, maliciously false, unlawful, and/or unethical conduct against Hello Pink, Hello Pink trademarked or copyrighted material, and/or another Hello Pink Independent Stylist, please do not communicate or converse with the individual and please report such conduct to Hello Pink immediately.
- Hello Pink Monitoring.
All Stylist Social Media posts and/or comments will be audited by Hello Pink at any time. Hello Pink reserves the right to require changes or deletion to any Social Media post and/or comments if the Company deems such action essential to protect the interests of Hello Pink and its Stylists. If the Stylist fails to comply regarding such change and/or deletion requested, Hello Pink reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate Stylist’s Hello Pink Stylist Relationship, should the Stylist violate these Social Media Policies. The Social Media Policy for Stylist Policies & Procedures Guide is subject to change at the discretion of Hello Pink.
This policy is not intended to restrict communications or actions protected or required by federal, state or local law.
Section 5: Trade Shows, Expos, and Fairs
Hello Pink products may be displayed, and the Hello Pink business opportunity offered, at official trade shows, expos, fairs, or other publicly-held events.
In order to protect the trademarks and trade names of the Company and its public image, Hello Pink reserves the right to restrict Stylist participation in such events, in all respects, including but not limited to pre-approval of the identity and number of Stylists allowed to participate in any such event.
- CODE OF CONDUCT
Subject to the rights of Hello Pink set forth above, Hello Pink Stylists may choose to participate in local trade shows, expos, fairs, and other publicly-held events that allow them to sell and display Hello Pink trademarked products and literature.
There are certain standards and guidelines which must be adhered to when participating in these types of events, and failure to do so may result in disciplinary action, including the termination of a Stylist Relationship. The following are the guidelines and code of conduct for a Hello Pink Stylist when selling at trade shows, expos, fairs, or other publicly-held events:
- Hello Pink Stylists are required to refrain from predatory pricing when selling or displaying Hello Pink products. Predatory pricing and such undercutting of other Hello Pink Stylists at trade shows, expos, fairs, or other publicly-held events is a particularly serious infringement of another Stylist’s right to earn the retail selling profit set forth in the compensation plan and to economically participate in said events and the opportunities they present. Conduct of this nature will not be tolerated and is grounds for suspension or termination of the violating person’s Stylist relationship. Nothing herein shall be interpreted to mean that predatory pricing in environments other than trade shows, expos, fairs, and other publicly-held events is condoned or will be allowed by Hello Pink.
- Stylists of Hello Pink products may only use Company-produced and/or approved literature and sales support materials when conducting, selling, and sponsoring efforts at public events. This includes banners, posters, art work, sales tickets, product information and brochures, and sponsoring information and brochures. All materials ibuted at events must be approved Hello Pink according to the procedures described in Section 4, above.
- Professional conduct and courteous behavior is expected of all Stylists of Hello Pink when participating in public venues.
- When booking trade shows, expos, fairs, or other publicly-held events, the booking or listing must be under the Independent Stylist, not the Company or product name. However, at the same time, the booking or listing must make clear that the booth or space being rented is for the sale of Hello Pink product, so that double booking or overbooking of Hello Pink booths at any given event does not occur. In order to make this clear, Stylists must use “Hello Pink” as the first word of their listing when they register for any event. For example, a proper listing would say, “Hello Pink Independent Stylist/ Jane Doe or “Hello Pink Leggings, Independent Stylist.”
Section 6: Termination or Transfer of Business
- VOLUNTARY TERMINATION
A Stylist may voluntarily terminate his or her Stylist relationship with Hello Pink. Voluntary termination is effective upon receipt of such notice by the Hello Pink corporate office. Notification of the termination may be forwarded to affected parties. A Stylist who voluntarily terminates his or her Stylist status may not participate in or apply for a Stylist relationship with Hello Pink, in any form or capacity, either alone or in conjunction with another, until six months after the date of said termination.
- INVOLUNTARY SUSPENSION/TERMINATION
Any violation of the Terms of Application and Agreement or the Policies & Procedures could jeopardize certain aspects of the Company’s business, or that of the Stylist relationship.
Hello Pink may involuntarily suspend and/or terminate the Stylist status of any Hello Pink Stylist who violates the Terms of Application and Agreement or the Policies & Procedures, as they may be amended and/or revised from time to time. Notice of involuntary suspension and/or termination shall be sent to the Stylist, in a manner consistent with the Terms of Application and Agreement, to the Stylist’s most recent address as shown in the Company records.
A Stylist who has been so involuntarily terminated may not participate in or apply for a Stylist relationship with Hello Pink, in any form or capacity, either alone or in conjunction with another, until twelve months after the date of said termination. Upon such application, said status may be withheld or refused for any reason or no reason, without explanation.
- EFFECT OF SUSPENSION/TERMINATION
Upon suspension by Hello Pink, the suspended Stylist shall not have the right to represent him or herself as a Stylist for the Company, all rights to order products from the Company shall cease, and any commissions and/or bonuses due may be held in abeyance by Hello Pink pending resolution of any claims by Hello Pink, or outstanding monies due to the Company.
Upon termination by Hello Pink, the Stylist shall additionally lose all rights and benefits associated with being a Hello Pink Stylist, including but not limited to (1) the right to receive any commissions, bonuses, or future payments thereof as a result of commissionable sales and/or downline sales volume, and (2) the right to solicit or sponsor Stylist of Hello Pink products.
- ACTION REVIEW
An involuntarily suspended or terminated Stylists may request that Hello Pink review and reconsider the action by submitting, in writing, the grounds for the review or reconsideration. This letter must be sent CERTIFIED U.S. MAIL, RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED, ACCEPTING SIGNATURE REQUIRED, and must be received by Hello Pink within twenty (20) calendar days of the date of mailing of the Company’s notice of suspension or termination. If the Company has not received a letter requesting review or reconsideration within the specified time, the Company’s action shall automatically become final.
If a Stylist submits a timely request for review, Hello Pink will, at its sole discretion, review and reconsider the suspension or termination and notify the Stylist of its decision. The decision of Hello Pink shall be final and subject to no further review. If the review or reconsideration is denied, the action shall remain in effect as of the date of original notice.
Section 7: Payment of Commissions and Bonuses
RECEIPT OF STYLIST APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT
Commissions and/or bonuses cannot be earned or paid until a completed Stylist Application and Agreement has been received and accepted by Hello Pink.
- PAYMENT OF COMMISSIONS
Payment of commissions to Stylists shall be based upon the Compensation Plan, as it may be amended and/or revised from time to time by Hello Pink, in its sole discretion, in order to maintain a current and viable business plan and operation.
Stylist commissions and bonuses are calculated by Commissionable Value.
Commissionable product includes only that product which is intended for resale to the consumer/end product user by the ordering Stylist.
Hello Pink will credit the Stylist’s commissions, if any, to that Stylist’s back office account via Paypal, on Friday of every week following the applicable commission period.
- TAX REPORTING
Hello Pink will report the commissions paid to each Stylist, as income, to all required tax agencies, including the United States Internal Revenue Service and any applicable state agency, via Form 1099, or other required reporting document or taxing authority for the country in which the Stylist is registered. In addition, any additional awards or bonuses paid to the Stylist will be so reported as a taxable payment.
- RECORD KEEPING
For practical, business, and personal purposes, Hello Pink recommends and advises each Stylist to maintain his or her own complete and accurate records of business expenses and income. Beyond issuing the appropriate taxable income/Stylist forms, Hello Pink will not maintain or provide any accounting information concerning Stylist’s independent contractor business. Hello Pink recommends seeking professional business and tax accounting advice.
Section 8: Purchase/Sale of Product
- PERSONAL USE
Hello Pink is built upon retail sales to the consumer/end product user. Hello Pink recognizes that Stylists may wish to purchase products in reasonable amounts for their own personal use. For this reason, Hello Pink will recognize, as a retail sale, purchase(s) in reasonable volumes by Stylists for personal or family use.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS
Purchases may be made by credit card via the Hello Pink website. No order will be shipped without proper payment, which must be received by Hello Pink prior to shipment.
In the unlikely event that Hello Pink is temporarily out of stock on ordered merchandise, Stylists will receive a “backorder” notice with the shipment of the rest of the ordered items. Stylists will pay for the full order, including the backordered items. The backordered items will be sent as the new inventory arrives, and backorders will be filled with priority over new orders for the same products. If a Stylist cancels a backorder after payment, any commissions due or paid, and eligibility for downline commissions or bonuses, will be adjusted or charged back as appropriate.
- DAMAGED GOODS
The shipping company is responsible for any damage that occurs after it takes physical custody of the goods. A Stylist who receives damaged goods should:
- Accept delivery.
2. Before the driver leaves, document on the delivery receipt the items or packages which seem to be damaged.
3. Report this to Hello Pink via Email.
4. Save the damaged products or boxes for inspection by the shipping company.
5. After all of these steps are complete, Hello Pink will determine on a case by case basis the appropriate action to take regarding replacement of the damaged goods.
- PRICE CHANGES
All Hello Pink product and sales materials prices are subject to change without prior notice. Consult the Hello Pink website, www.HelloPink.com for up to date pricing.
Section 9: Retail Guarantee and Refund
- QUALITY CONTROL – RETURN OF PRODUCT
Hello Pink will replace or refund, within thirty (30) days of purchase, any product found by Stylists to be defective, for reasons of quality control.
- TERMINATION RETURNS
A Hello Pink Stylist whose Stylist relationship is either voluntarily or involuntarily terminated may return all unencumbered, unopened, commissionable product inventory which is returned in reusable and resalable condition that was purchased from Hello Pink within the previous twelve (12) months. Hello Pink will refund 90% of the net cost to the Stylist less any commissions, prizes, and/or bonuses already paid to the Stylist on said product.
Any return of product, upon termination of a Stylist Relationship, must be preceded by notice to Hello Pink and the prior request and receipt of a Return Merchandise Authorization from the Company.
Product not in resalable condition, without tags attached, or otherwise not in conformance with this section, will be returned to the Stylist at the Stylist’s cost.
Section 10: Enforcement/General Provisions
- COMMUNICATION REGARDING VIOLATIONS
It is recognized that on occasion a Stylist may unknowingly violate the rules set forth. Should that occur, and another Stylist become aware of such violation, it is the responsibility of the Stylist having such knowledge to do the following: Inform the violating Stylist of the rule or provision violated and discuss it with him or her in a friendly and helpful manner, pointing out the reason for the rule and recommending the appropriate conduct and/or remedy. If the violating Stylist agrees to comply in the future and/or to remedy the situation, the complaining Stylist need not notify Hello Pink of the alleged violation.
The Stylist also agrees that he or she will neither disclose such information to any third party directly or indirectly, nor use the information to compete with Hello Pink directly or indirectly. The Stylist and Hello Pink agree that but for this agreement of confidentiality and non-disclosure, the Company would not provide the above confidential trade information to the Stylist. THIS CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT SPECIFICALLY SURVIVES THE STYLIST RELATIONSHIP FOR A PERIOD OF THREE (3) YEARS FROM THE DATE A HELLO PINK STYLIST RELATIONSHIP IS TERMINATED FOR ANY REASON.
- NO COMMUNICATION WITH MANUFACTURERS, PROMOTING OR CARRYING COMPETING PRODUCTS
Stylists are prohibited from communicating directly or indirectly with the manufacturer of any product sold by Hello Pink, and from speaking with such manufacturer’s employees, agents, or representatives, except at a Hello Pink-sponsored event which the manufacturer or its representative attends at the request of Hello Pink. Furthermore, Stylists are not to carry, sell or promote the same products from the same manufacturers that Hello Pink uses, nor directly compete by carrying the same products as Hello Pink.
If any provision of the Terms of Application and Agreement or the Policies & Procedures is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be fully severable and the remaining terms shall remain in full force and effect and shall be construed as if such unenforceable provisions never comprised a part of either of the aforementioned documents. Furthermore, in lieu of such unenforceable provision, there shall be added automatically in its place, a provision as similar in its terms to such enforceable provision as may be possible, and provision shall be legal, valid, and enforceable.
Stylists agree that they will not attempt to induce any other Stylist of Hello Pink to terminate his or her business relationship with Hello Pink.
Each Stylist agrees, acknowledges, and recognizes that this restriction is necessary for Hello Pink to preserve and protect its valuable interest and agrees that an injunction and/or any other available remedy may be necessary and appropriate for Hello Pink to protect such interests. IT IS AGREED THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL SURVIVE THE TERMINATION OR EXPIRATION OF THE AGREEMENT.
- LIMITATION OF DAMAGES
To the extent permitted by law, Hello Pink and its affiliates, shareholders, directors, officers, attorneys, employees, agents, and other representatives shall not be liable for, and Stylist hereby releases the foregoing from, and waives all claims for any loss of profits or incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages which may arise out of any claim whatsoever, whether sounding in contract, tort, or strict liability. Furthermore, it is agreed that any damage resulting to Stylist shall not exceed and is hereby limited to the amount of unsold Hello Pink product purchased from the Company and owned by the Stylist.
- INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
Each and every Stylist agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Hello Pink and its affiliates, shareholders, directors, officers, attorneys, employees, agents, and other representatives from and against any claim, demand, liability, loss, cost, or expense it may incur, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, arising or alleged to have arisen, in connection with or related to that Stylist’s business, or violation of any provision herein or of any applicable law. It is further agreed that any unresolved disputes between Hello Pink and any Stylist shall be settled by a member of the American Arbitration Board. It is further agreed that the decision of the American Arbitration Judge/Attorney shall be binding upon all parties. See below for further details.
All disputes, controversies, and claims between any Stylist and Hello Pink shall be totally and finally settled by binding arbitration, conducted pursuant to the Terms of Application and Agreement.
- RIGHT TO AMEND
In order to maintain a current and viable business, Hello Pink reserves, and shall have, the right to amend, delete, replace, revise, or otherwise modify the Stylist Application and Agreement, the Terms of Application and Agreement, the Policies & Procedures, and the Stylist Compensation Plan without notice. In addition, Hello Pink reserves, and shall have, the right to change at any time its wholesale or suggested retail prices, product availability, and product formulation as it deems appropriate.
Such amendments or revisions shall be immediately effective and binding upon publication and notice to all Stylists through printed or digital media.